B.S.I.S. approved courses
Level I Powers to Arrest Course CLICK HERE
Level II Mandatory Courses CLICK HERE
Level III Elective Courses CLICK HERE
LEVEL I TRAINING
The Powers to Arrest Course consists of four (4) hours of training in both of the following two (2) subjects:
A. Powers to Arrest (4 Hours)
Objective : To familiarize and instruct the individual on the training topics delineated at Business and Professions Code Section 7583.7, including, without limitation, legal aspects, techniques, liability, and company requirements relating to the arrest of an individual. The training will utilize the Department of Consumer Affairs’ Powers to Arrest Training Manual and may include lecture, discussion, exercise and role-playing.
1. Overview of Power to Arrest Manual and subject matter.
2. Definition of arrest and discussion on the implication to the subject, the guard and the company.
3. Lecture/discussion on escalation and de-escalation techniques in the use of force.
4. Lecture/discussion in the use of restraint techniques and their implications.
5. Discussion of trespass laws and implications of enforcement.
6. Completion of the Power to Arrest Training Manual Test with 100% score in accordance with the Manual’s Administering Instructions
B. Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD) & Terrorism Awareness (4 Hours)
Objective: To familiarize and instruct the individual on the subject matter and observation skills required to identify and report precursor activities to a terrorist event, react appropriately, report the occurrence of a terrorist event, and remain safe while helping control the scene after a terrorist event. The training will utilize the Department of Consumer Affairs’ Weapons of Mass Destruction & Terrorism Awareness for Security Professionals course consisting of a Digital Video Disk (DVD), Student Workbook and Facilitators Manual.
YOU CAN EXPEDITE THE PROCESS BY COMPLETING ALL THE STEPS IN OUR OFFICE!
Enroll and complete the eight (8) hours “Powers to Arrest” training
Get your fingerprints taken
- We can do your fingerprints on the same day for $69.00!
- Guard Card Live Scan Form: http://www.bsis.ca.gov/forms_pubs/livescan/g.pdf
Breakdown of fees paid at Live Scan
- Department of Justice Fingerprint Fee: $32.00
- Federal Bureau of Investigation Fingerprint Fee: $17.00
- Our rolling fee: $20 (discount rate)
- Total Fees: $69.00
Apply for your guard card. We can help with this too!
- BSIS Application Process: http://www.bsis.ca.gov/online_services/online_licensing.shtml
- By applying online you will receive your guard card quicker than sending it by mail
- Security Guard Application Fee: $50.00
- On-Line Convenience Fee: $1.00
Wait to be cleared!
- This process usually takes ten (10) to fifteen (15) days.
- Once the security officer has been cleared, the information will show on the Bureau’s website.
- To verify check here: http://www2.dca.ca.gov/pls/wllpub/wllqryna$lcev2.startup?p_qte_code=G&p_qte_pgm_code=2420
Guard Card Course $65.00
(Reservation Fee: $30.00)
If you are interested in taking this course, please continue to our CLICK HERE
After payment you will be redirected to a registration page. Please fill out the entire form. Here you will be able to choose your class dates.
BSIS approved online course CLICK HERE
Security Guard Fact Sheet: http://www.bsis.ca.gov/forms_
Source: Bureau of Security and Investigative Services